IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics, Version 184.108.40.206
Create a user account
- Add new user accounts to the application monitor on the Create User Account page.
- Limit the rights of your user accounts to the groups of servers you select.
A valid WebSphere Global Security user name is required to create an account. The user name can be different from the operating system user ID, but it must be at least three alpha characters and no more than 255.
To enable single sign-on...
- Configure the Managing Server
- Configure the WebSphere application server that the MSVE runs on
- Add every user who needs to access single sign-on
For more information...
Create a user account
- From the top navigation, click...
Administration > Account Management > User Profiles. The User Profiles page opens.
- In the left navigation pane, click...
Create User Account. The Create User Account page opens.
- Enter the first name (required).
- Enter the last name (required).
- Enter the user name (required).
- Enter the OS/LDAP user name (required). ITCAM uses WebSphere Global Security system for user authentication, therefore a valid WebSphere Global Security user name is required to create an account.
- Select the role you want to assign to the user account from the list box.
- Select Active or Suspended for the account status. A user account is not ready for use if its status is not marked Active.
- Enter the user's e-mail address (optional).
- Enter remarks in the available fields (optional).
- To save the user account setup, click Save.
Grant group access rights:
- Click to select the group name in the All Groups box.
- Click Add to grant the user account rights to the selected groups. The group name appears in the Granted box.
To select multiple groups, hold down the Ctrl key during your selection.
Remove group access rights:
- Click to select the group name in the Granted box.
- Click Remove to remove the user account rights from the selected groups. The group name disappears from the Granted box.
- To select multiple groups, hold down the Ctrl key during your selection.
Parent topic:User profiles
Related topicsAssign a role
Create a role