Add the sample web content libraries in the authoring portlet
The templating sample content provided with IBM WebSphere Portal is delivered in two web content libraries:
- Template Page Content 3.0
- Web Content Templates 3.0
We can use these libraries and their content as a starting point for working with web content page templates and developing our own templates.
To customize the sample web content that WebSphere Portal provides, create copies of the sample web content libraries and customize those copies.
- Web Content Templates 3.0 library
- This library contains the shared components, authoring templates, and presentation templates used by the content items that are contained in the Template Page Content 3.0 library. The library also contains the sample content items used with the "Articles" page template.
- Template Page Content 3.0 library
- This library contains the content items used by web content viewer clones that create content when added to a page. These content items represent the base content that is copied when adding content from the Web Content category of the site toolbars Create > Content tab to a page. Initially, this library contains two content items. The Article content item represents a simple article that is created from the "Articles" authoring template in the Web Content Templates 3.0 library. The List of Articles content item is an instance of the "List of items" authoring template in the Web Content Templates 3.0 library. The item represents a list of all articles that exist in the context of the currently rendered page.
To use the sample content with a specific virtual portal, syndicate these web content libraries to the virtual portal. If you fail to syndicate these libraries, an error is displayed when adding the sample content to a page.
To work with the sample web content libraries, go to...
Applications | Content | Web Content Management | authoring portlet | Preferences | Configure | Library Selection
...and add the Template Page Content 3.0 and Web Content Templates 3.0 libraries to the list of selected libraries.
Parent topic: Create content with sample web content template items