Select web content libraries
We select which libraries are available to users when using this authoring portlet in the Library Selection section.
- To select the libraries to make visible in the authoring portlet, click...
Show selected libraries
- To add a library, select a library from the list of available libraries, then click Add.
- To remove a library, select a library from the list of selected libraries, and then click Remove.
- Use the arrow buttons to change the order of the selected libraries. This determines the order the libraries appear in the authoring portlet.
- If we want any newly created libraries to automatically be shown in the library explorer, select...
Show new libraries in the library explorer
- To make all libraries visible in the authoring portlet, select...
Show all libraries
- To add a library, select a library from the list of available libraries, and then click Add.
- To remove a library from the list, select a library from the list of selected libraries, and then click Remove.
What to do next
Configure or editing shared settings of an authoring portlet:
Libraries that are selected using the "configure" view are available on all instances of the authoring portlet, regardless of the page on which the portlet appears. Libraries that are selected with the "edit shared settings" view are only available for the current instance of an authoring portlet.
The libraries available in the "insert links" and "insert images" dialogs are based on the libraries that are selected in the "configure" view. If we select a library in the "edit shared settings" view that is not selected in the "configure" view, we are not able to select items from this library when we use the "insert links" and "insert images" dialogs.
We can select libraries specifically for the "insert links" and "insert images" dialogs by doing the following:
Administration | Portal User Interface | Manage Pages
- Search for the page with the unique name of com.ibm.wps.hiddenpage.wcm.Authoring_Portlet.
- Edit the page layout.
- Edit the shared settings of the Web Content Authoring portlet.
- Select the required libraries and click OK.
- Click Done.
If we syndicate or import a library, it is not automatically added to the list of configured libraries for an authoring portlet on the target server. We must add the syndicated or imported library to each authoring portlet on each server.
Parent Authoring portlet settings