Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > Partitioning facility programming > Develop partitioning facility applications with WSAD v5.1
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Use WSAD 5.1 with a new partitioned application
About this taskOpen WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) and follow the instructions below to set up a partitioned application. The steps shown are using WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD). However, if you use Rational Application Developer (RAD), these steps should apply in most cases.
- Create a Java™ 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) project with an enterprise bean module and an application client. Add the wpf.jar from the project to the enterprise bean module. Right click on the enterprise bean module and select the properties menu item.
- In the resulting properties window, click on the Add Variable button to define a variable indicating where you have installed the Extended Deployment product.
- Click on the New... button. In the resulting New variable window, create the variable. Call the new variable XD_HOME and specify the path. Click OK. In the New Variable window you should see XD_HOME listed.
- Click on the Extend... button. This allows you to add a jar based on this variable to the project class path. The use of a variable means that when multiple developers are using CVS then each developer can set XD_HOME to a different directory and still use the project when Extended Deployment may be installed in different directories
- In the resulting window, expand the lib subdirectory by selecting the wpf.jar and click OK. If you need any other jars, select those also.
- Optional: If you are using any additional jars in third party products such as Log4J, then they should be added using a similar approach. Define a variable and then extend it.
Parent topic:Develop partitioning facility applications with WSAD v5.1
Develop partitioning facility applications with WSAD v5.1
Create a partition stateless session bean