Define service policy rules
Service policy rules define the service policy goal to use for a single piece of incoming work. This is done by associating a transaction class with a Boolean expression. Each transaction class is associated with exactly one service policy goal. The Boolean expression can be customized to match any specific piece of work.
Define a service policy to categorize and prioritize work requests.
Optionally, we can add rules to the service policy. If the expression evaluates to true for a particular request, the policy associated with that rule is used. A work class contains a set of rules used to classify requests, such as an HTTP request or IIOP call. Complete the following steps to define a service policy rule. This is just one example of how to create service policy rules.
Applications > Application types > WebSphere enterprise applications > application_name > Service policies tab > work request type > work class
Add rule > Rule builder > Add
- Select the type of rule, such as Group ID This displays the rule builder panel. Continue to build a rule, specify the transaction class, or click OK
- Click the new rule to set its operators. A predefined set of operators displays for the type of rule condition that is selected.
- Select the operator to use and enter the appropriate information in the provided field. For example, we can classify incoming requests for the StockTradeWork work class by a group ID to use a different transaction class.
- Select the (=) operator and type HTTP in the provided field, to provide a different transaction class for HTTP requests.
- Rules support
- Ruleset administrative tasks
- Routing policy action types
- Overview of work classes
- Work class types
- Intelligent Management: default work class administrative tasks
- workclassoperations.py script
- Intelligent Management: request classification operators
- Rule-based request classification
Work class types Define a service policy Intelligent Management: subexpression builder operands Intelligent Management: routing and service policies