IBM TDI, Version 7.1
The following sections describe the specialized password synchronization
components that are currently available.
- Password Synchronizer for Windows
- Intercepts the Windows login
password change. See Windows Password Synchronizer.
- Password Synchronizer for Sun Directory Server
- Intercepts Sun Directory Server password changes. See Sun Directory Server Password Synchronizer.
- Password Synchronizer for IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- Intercepts IBM Tivoli Directory Server password changes. See IBM Directory Server Password Synchronizer.
- Password Synchronizer for Domino
- Intercepts changes of the HTTP password for Lotus Notes users.
See Domino HTTP Password Synchronizer.
- Password Synchronizer for UNIX and Linux
- Intercepts changes of UNIX and Linux user
passwords where PAM is enabled. See Password Synchronizer for UNIX and Linux.
- LDAP Password Store
- Provides the function necessary to store the intercepted user
passwords in LDAP directory servers. See LDAP Password Store.
- JMS Password Store
- JMS Password Store (formally known as the MQ Everyplace Password Store) provides the functionality
necessary to store intercepted user passwords in a JMS Provider's
Queue from where any JMS client for example, TDI) could read them.
See JMS Password Store.
- Log Password Store
- The Log Password Store is solely used to log any actions that
a normal password store would take. This password store is useful
for verifying that the Java Proxy and the native plug-ins are communicating
- JMS Password Store Connector
- Provides the function necessary to retrieve password update
messages from a JMS Password Store, and send them to IBM TDI. See IBM TDI V7.1 Reference Guide, and JMS Password Store.
This guide also details the steps required for integration between Tivoli Identity
Manager and the following Password Synchronizers:
For more detailed information, see Tivoli Identity Manager Integration.