Add a wiki
With the editing turned on, in the section you wish to add your wiki, from a course homepage, , click the "Add an activity or resource".
This will take us to the wiki settings page titled "Adding a new wiki". All settings may expanded by clicking the "Expand all" link top right.
In an existing wiki, the wiki settings can be found by clicking the Edit dropdown. With the Boost theme, additional options are available by clicking on the wiki and then clicking the gear menu.
To add a Wiki module, go to...
Home | Site administration | Plugins | Activity modules | Manage activities | Wiki
- The name you give to your wiki here will appear as the link on the course page for your students to click.
- Explain the purpose of your wiki here. (This description may or may not be compulsory depending on your admin's settings.)
Display description on course page
If this box is checked, then the description you added above will appear with the wiki link on the course page.
- Choose between "Individual wiki" where each student gets their own, or "Collaborative wiki" where students work together on a single wiki.
First page name
- The name you add here will form the first page of your new wiki. It is a required field and once a name has been entered,it can't be changed.
(These settings are collapsed by defaul)
- Set the default type of editing your wiki will use. Chooose from
- HTML - editing using the normal text editor
- Creole - a popular wiki editing language. If this is selected, a small editing toolbar will appear.
- NWiki - a wiki editing language used in the contributed NWiki module.
If you check this box then students cannot choose their own method of editing the wiki.
Common module settings
See Common module settings
Restrict access/Activity completion
(These settings are collapsed by default)
These settings are visible if Conditional activities and Activity completion have been enabled in the site and the course.
Locally assigned roles
In Administration> Wiki administration > Locally assigned roles selected users can be given additional roles in the activity.
Role permissions for the activity can be changed in Administration > Wiki administration > Permissions.