Moodle Mobile features
- Moodle Mobile features
- New for mobile
- Moodle Mobile guide for admins
- Mobile app notifications
- Creating Moodle Mobile friendly courses
- Moodle Desktop
- Moodle Mobile FAQ
See our courses at glance
Your courses are listed with easy access to contents, participants, grades and notes. A useful filter field lets you find a particular course quickly. If your token expires during a session, you're prompted to re-enter your password and continue.
Connect with course participants
Infinite scrolling improves access to the participant view, with the complete user profile now displayed and available from every page.
Pull to refresh
Most screens will allow us to pull to refresh, improving the real-time participation experience.
Orientation and resolution support
The app displays in portrait or landscape view, whatever our screen resolution.
Easily access course content
View course activities and download materials for offline use. Work through Books and IMS Content packages directly in the app. The downloading status of resources is preserved even when changing sections or pages.
Track progress from your device with Activity completion. Automatic completion is registered, and students can also manually mark a task complete on their mobile.
Grades and grading
A Grades link for each course gives fingertip access to the gradebook, and teachers can view assignment submissions on the move.
Teachers can view site, course and personal notes about their students and add their own notes.
Send and view private messages to colleagues and students from the Messages link in the side tab.
Keep up to date with calendar events
Site, course and user events can be viewed in the calendar.Calendar events can now be viewed offline and infinite scrolling is available.
View and upload to your Private files
Check the contents of your private files and upload media to them on the go. You're now allowed up to 50MB storage (depending on your SD card).
Keep up to date with notifications. The app supports both local (calendar events) and push (messages, forum posts, submitted assignments etc) notifications. See Mobile app notifications for more details. Infinite scrolling is available and local notifications have multi-site support.
The app supports students making and removing choices.
Engage in chat, on the move
Participate in a course Chat activity.
Feed back to teachers with a survey
Surveys may now be taken using the app.
Search the list of courses
App users can search courses to find one they wish to take.
Enrol yourself from your smartphone
Found a course you like? Enrol immediately via the app.
Play SCORM packages on and off-line
The Moodle Mobile SCORM player tracks interactions and synchronises when you're back online.
Download all course sections
Easily download all sections to view offline.
Browse glossary entries
Search for and browse glossary entries.
Take quizzes on your mobile
Quizzes may now be completed on the move. Find out more about the Moodle Mobile quiz.
Learning plans may be viewed and progress checked from the mobile.
Students: See our course grades easily
A new Grades link allows us to quickly view course grades.
Teachers: Grade assignments
Assignments may be graded on the move, from the app and may be graded offline
View badges from your profile
Badges are now visible from a link in the user profile
Notifications & Messaging preferences
New preferences screen lets you decide how to be alerted
- Responsive design for phone and tablets
- Upload a picture into your private file area
- Record an audio file and upload it into your private file area
- Record a video and upload it into your private file area
- Send a private message to a course participant (can be done offline)
- Take a personal note about a course participant (can be done offline)
- Add a course participant to your phone contact
- Call a course participant touching the phone number
- Locate a course participant address on Google map
- Download and view some course resources
- Quick access to our course contents
- View calendar events
- Reminder notifications for calendar events
- Mobile Push notifications
- Remote layout/style customization (see below)
- View all your past private messages and notifications
- Browse and download your private and course files
- View forum discussions
- Private messaging between users
- Calendar integration with warning reminders as local notifications
- Upload any type of file from your device to your Moodle private files area
- View site, course and personal users notes
- Support for sites using CAS or Shibboleth as auth methods
- View your activity and course total grades in a course
- Course search
- Self-enrolment in courses
- Access courses with guest access enrolment method enabled
- Follow app-specific activity links (see Creating Moodle Mobile friendly courses for details)
- Browse glossary entries
- Browse your learning plans
- View competencies of students in our course
- Support for all the course modules (activities and resources) except the Workshop module
- Attempt quizzes
- SCORM player
- Make assignment submissions and review submissions, comments, feedback and grades
- Use a rich text editor when creating forum posts, attempting quizzes with essay questions, creating wiki pages or submitting assignments (only in Android 4.4 onwards)
Activities & Resources Support
Comparison of features in different versions
Over 15 languages are currently supported: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
- Moodle Mobile offline features - Presentation in the MoodleMoot UK 2016
- Moodle Mobile release notes in the dev docs