External calendars (such as Google Calendar, or a calendar from another Moodle site) can be imported into Moodle's calendar via the iCal standard.
To import a calendar via .ics file or URL,
- Add a calendar block to your page
- Click on the month to enter the calendar.
- At the bottom of the page, click the button 'Manage subscriptions'
- Click the button 'Manage subscriptions'
- Give the calendar subscription a name and either enter a URL or upload an .ics file
- Click the Add button
A user who has permission to add course or group events, such as a teacher, can import a calendar and create course or group events.
Similarly, a user who has permission to add site events, such as an administrator, can import a calendar and create site events.
in Moodle 3.3! Events imported via URL cannot be edited. Events imported via .ics file can be edited (in Moodle 3.3 onwards). If the .ics file calendar subscription is subsequently deleted, any edited events are also deleted.