IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > WL server administration > Reports
Install the BIRT reports viewer on Apache Tomcat
For Worklight on Tomcat you can use the Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT) to generate and render report content. View this content using either...
- Eclipse plug-in
- Application server and browser
The Worklight installation contains a number of predefined BIRT reports. These reports are configurable XML files that are designed to retrieve and present data from the Worklight reports database tables. These files have extension...
Set up BIRT Reports using an Apache Tomcat application server
- Stop the Tomcat instance
- Download the BIRT Reports runtime archive from Birt Report Downloads.
- Unzip the BIRT Reports runtime archive.
- Copy the WebViewerExample folder to...
- Rename the WebViewerExample folder to birt (Optional)
- Copy the database jdbc connector jar to...
If you are using the same Tomcat instance that is running Worklight server, the jdbc connector jar should already be in \lib.
- In some cases, Tomcat might not have enough memory allocated to run BIRT Reports.
To resolve this problem, edit...
...and add the following line at the start...
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
- Restart the Tomcat server.
- To verify that the BIRT Reports application has successfully started, navigate to Tomcat manager application at...
- The BIRT Reports viewer application is accessible at...
- You can test the BIRT Reports installation by navigating to...