IBM Worklight v5.0.5 > Migrate from the WAS Feature Pack > Migration scenarios
Migrate an application that uses the server programming model
Migrate a mobile app using the IBM Worklight server programming model, which shows how to extend apps to use IBM Worklight server-side facilities.
The server programming model is an alternative model to the client programming model. Applications use the server programming model if they use server-side generated web content, such as JSPs and JSF for rendering HTML. Compared to natively packaged apps, remote loading of resources reduces network performance.
- Create a project structure according to the IBM Worklight Environment Model.
Required for creating a native shell for each mobile platform. The shell is a simple Cordova instance that loads a remote resource from the application server.
- Continue to use the deviceTheme feature for default Dojo mobile themes.
- Use "has" feature detection for device operating-system-specific behaviors.
- Determine dependencies for your mobile application:
- Create a custom Dojo layer for core Dojo and Dojox mobile libraries.
- Create a custom Dojo layer for common application Dojo libraries.
- Create a custom Dojo layer for any platform-specific Dojo libraries.
Parent Migration scenarios