Remapping key to a character
You can remap a key to a character that is not available by default from the keyboard.
To remap a key to a character:
- In the Extension for Terminal based Applications window, click Keyboard Remap .
- To locate and load the remapping file if you have saved the remapped keys to a file, click Load.
- Click Key Assignment tab.
- Click Characters from the Category list.
- Select a character to which you want to remap a given key or combination of keys from the list of characters.
- Click Assign a Key.
- Press the key or key combination that you want to remap to the character on your keyboard. For example, to use Alt+4, press and hold the keys down simultaneously for key combinations.
- Save keyboard remapping.
- In the Keyboard Remap dialog box, click Save.
- Type a file name or select the name of an existing file in the File name field.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.