Connecting to a virtual terminal (UNIX) session
The host terminal panel shows the default values for a TN3270 terminal connection when you launch Extension for Terminal-based Applications. You can also connect to a VT (UNIX) session.
Before you beginThe host terminal must be running and have access to a VT session.
To connect to a VT (UNIX) session:
- Connect to the host terminal.
- Select one of the VT terminal types from Terminal type list. If you select the VT UTF8 terminal type, make sure that you also select a UTF8 code page. By default, the 1100 DEC Multinational Replacement Character Set code page and the 24 x 80 screen size are displayed in Code page and Screen size lists.
- Specify the code page from the Code page list. If you are connecting to a VT UTF8 session, make sure you select a UTF8 code page.
- Specify the screen dimensions from the Screen size list.
- Click Advanced and verify that the entries in the Advanced Setting table have been updated with specific VT session properties and their default values.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Settings dialog box.
- Click Connect to connect to the host system.