Sending files from workstation to a host system (3270 host sessions only)
You can send files from a workstation to a host. File transfer is available only for 3270 and 3270E sessions.
Before you beginYou must be connected to a host for the file transfer functions to work.
To send files from a host system to a workstation:
- Log in to your host system and open the command line interface.
- Before you transfer a file, check the default file transfer settings to make sure that they are correct. To set the default settings of your host system, click Default settings for File Transfer. Three types are supported in Host Type: MVS/TSO, VM/CMS and CICS®. Click OK.
- Specify a PC file name, host file name, and transfer mode in the Send Files to Host window.
- To add the specified files to the Transfer list pane, click Add to List.
- Optional: To open a saved list, click Open List.
- Optional: To save the files that are listed in the Transfer List window to a file, click Save List.
- Select the files in the Transfer List window that you want to send to the host.
- To send the selected files, click Send. The specified files are transferred.