Retrieving files from a host system to the workstation (3270 host sessions only)
You can retrieve files from a host system to the workstation. File transfer is available only for 3270 and 3270E sessions.
Before you beginYou must be connected to a host for the file transfer functions to work.
To retrieve files from a host system to the workstation:
- Log in to your host system and open the command line interface.
- To set the default settings of your host system, click Default settings for File Transfer. Three types are supported in Host Type: MVS/TSO, VM/CMS and CICS®.
- Click OK.
- Specify a PC file name, host file name, and transfer mode from the Receive Files from Host window.
- To add the specified files to the Transfer list pane, click Add to List.
- Optional: To open a saved list, click Open List.
- Optional: To save the files listed in the Transfer List window to a file, click Save List.
- In the Transfer List window, select the files that you want to receive from the host.
- To retrieve the selected files, click Receive. The specified files are transferred.