Create a new connection configuration file
Before connecting to your host session, you can create a new connection configuration by saving the connection values in a host connection configuration file.
To create a new connection configuration file:
- Click the Save the Connection Properties icon or Save the connection properties to a file icon on the tool bar.
- Type a file name.
- If you type an invalid file name, such as one that includes restricted characters or reserved operating system keywords, an error message is displayed with the option of changing the file name or canceling the operation.
- If you type a file name that already exists, a warning message is displayed with the option of writing over the existing file, changing the file name, or canceling the operation.
- Click OK. The connection configuration file is saved in the directory specified in the Default folder for Connection Configuration Files field in Preferences window.
- Click Connection Configurations list. The Connection Configurations field lists all the .conn files that are present in the default folder that is specified in Default folder for Connection Configuration Files field in the Preferences window.
If you have used the Open function to load a .conn file from a non-default folder, the last 10 opened configuration files are displayed in addition to the .conn files that are located in the default directory.