< Previous | Next >
Lesson 7: Edit the simplified script by using the application visuals
In this lesson, you learn to edit the simplified script by using the application visuals.
The application controls and their data and property details are captured during recording. The captured details are displayed as application visuals in the Application View. You can modify the test script to test additional application controls or create or edit verification points by selecting the application controls in the application visuals without opening the application under test.
Insert a verification point by using the application visual
You create a verification point on the Composers tree to test whether all the composers and the CDs are listed. This verification point was not inserted when you recorded the test script. Instead of rerecording the script or opening the test application, you add the verification point to the test script from the application visual.
- Select the test line Click tree2 at Composers->Bach->Location((Plus_Minus)(the second line in the test script). The application visual that highlights the Composers tree region in blue is displayed in the Application View.
- Point to the Composers tree region. The region is highlighted in red.
- Right-click, and select Insert Verification Point > Data Verification Point. The test line Verify data in tree2 is added to the script editor (after the second test line).
Add an additional control to the test
In the Member Logon window, you did not record the Remember Password field for testing. Add the missing Remember Password control to the test script for testing.
- Select the test line Type xxxx in the script editor. The Member Logon application visual is displayed in the Application View.
- Point to the Remember Password control in the application visual. The Remember Password control is highlighted in red.
- Right-click and select "Insert Remember Password" control > select. The Select Remember Password test line is inserted to the test script.
Modify the test line in the script editor and the properties
You can modify the test line in the script editor and also specify details such as the playback parameters and log information for the test line execution in the Properties view. Now, disable the test line for viewing the details of the album and specify the information that must be displayed in the log during the execution of the data verification for the list of composers control.
- Select the test line Click Album at Details in the script editor.
- Right-click and select Enable/Disable Action to disable the test line. This test line is not executed during the next playback.
- Select the test line Verify data in tree2 that was inserted to the script using the application visual.
- Click Log page in the Properties view and select Control Snapshot to view the state of the control during execution. This snapshot is displayed in the playback log.
< Previous | Next >