Create a proxy class
Proxy classes that you develop are stored in the proxy project container. You must use proxy-class wizard development to create a proxy framework. The proxy writer must provide the logic for the proxy. For example, enter the logic for the methods and interfaces for the proxy to recognize the controls.
Before you beginTo use the proxy-development wizard to create a proxy class, switch to the Java perspective.
To create a proxy class:
- Click File > New > Other.
- In the Select a wizard dialog box, expand Functional Test > Proxy Development, and double-click Proxy Class; then click Next. The RFT Proxy Creation window opens.
- In the Source folder field, type the source folder name for the new class. You can also click Browse to select a new source folder.
- In the Package field, type a valid package name. You can also click Browse to select a package. Package names are updated and can be accessed subsequently while creating a new proxy class.
- Required: In the Proxy Class Name field, type a valid proxy class name.
- Required: In the Control Class Name field, type a valid class name for the control for which you are developing the proxy. The class name must be a valid name with the package information in it.
- In the Domain Name list, Java is selected as the default domain. Use the default selection.
- Optional: Select a method stub that you want to create, and select the access modifiers for the new class.
- Type a valid class name in the Superclass field. You can also click Browse to select a superclass for this class. You can use superclasses to extend proxies. You can extend proxies by using the existing proxy classes.
- Optional: Click Add to choose interfaces that the new class implements; then click Finish.
If you want to select a feature method for a proxy, click Next. The Proxy Feature Page window opens.
- Optional: In the Available Methods section, select the feature to add to the proxy. For example, click Recording, and expand the recording tree. Feature methods that pertain to the recording features are displayed. Select the method to add.
Tip: To select all the available methods, click Select All.
- Click Finish. A proxy class is created in the proxy project.