Update Rational Functional Tester
You can install updates for packages that were installed with IBM Installation Manager. Package updates provide fixes and updates to installed features and might also include new features that you can install using the Modify Packages wizard.
Before you beginBy default, Internet access is required unless your repository preferences points to your local update site.
Each installed package has the location embedded for its default IBM update repository. For Installation Manager to search the IBM update repository locations for the installed packages, the preference Search service repositories during installation and updates on the Repositories preference page must be selected. This preference is selected by default. See the Installation Manager help for more information.
Close all programs that were installed using Installation Manager before updating.
To find and install product package updates:
- From the Start page of the Installation Manager, click Update.
- If IBM Installation Manager is not detected on your system or if an older version is already installed, then continue with the installation of the latest release. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation of IBM Installation Manager
- In the Update Packages wizard, select the location of the package group where the Rational Functional Tester product package you want to update is installed or select the Update All check box, and then click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in its repositories and the predefined update sites for Rational Functional Tester . A progress indicator shows the search is taking place.
- If updates for a package are found, then they are displayed in the Updates list on the Update Packages page below their corresponding package. Only recommended updates are displayed by default. Click Show all to display all updates found for the available packages.
- To learn more about an update, click the update and review its description under Details.
- If additional information about the update is available, a More info link will be included at the end of the description text. Click the link to display the information in a browser. Review this information before installing the update.
- Select the updates that you want to install or click Select Recommended to restore the default selections. Updates that have a dependency relationship are automatically selected and cleared together.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the selected updates. On the left side of the License page, the list of licenses for the updates you selected is displayed; click each item to display the license agreement text.
- If you agree to the terms of all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Summary page, review your choices before installing the updates.
- If you want to change the choices you made on previous pages, click Back, and make your changes.
- When you are satisfied, click Update to download and install the updates. A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation completed.
During the update process, Installation Manager might prompt you for the location of the repository for the base version of the package. If you installed the product from CDs or other media, they must be available when you use the update feature.
- Optional: When the update process completes, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. Click View log file to open the log file for the current session in a new window. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Optional: Only the features that you already have installed are updated using the Update wizard. If the update contains new features that you would like to install, run the Modify wizard and select the new features to install from the feature selection panel.