Setting repository preferences in Installation Manager
When you start the installation of Rational Functional Tester from the launchpad program, the location of the repository that contains the product package you are installing is automatically defined in IBM Installation Manager when it starts. However, if you start Installation Manager directly (for example, installing Rational Functional Tester from a repository located on a Web server) then specify the repository preference (the URL for the directory that contains the product package) in Installation Manager before you can install the product package.
Before you begin
Specify these repository locations on the Repositories page of the Preferences window. By default, Installation Manager uses an embedded URL in each Rational software development product to connect to a repository server through the Internet and search for installable packages and new features. Your organization may require you to redirect the repository to use intranet sites.
Before starting the installation process, be sure to obtain the installation package repository URL from your administrator.
To add, edit, or remove a repository location in Installation Manager:
- Start Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens, showing any available repositories, their locations, and whether they are accessible.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, type the URL of the repository location or browse to it and set a file path.
- Click OK. If you provided an HTTPS or restricted FTP repository location, then you will be prompted to enter a user ID and password. The new or changed repository location is listed. If the repository is not accessible, a red x is displayed in the Accessible column.
- Click OK to exit.
What to do next
For Installation Manager to search the default repository locations for the installed packages, ensure the preference Search service repositories during installation and updates on the Repositories preference page is selected. This preference is selected by default.