Install Packaging Utility
IBM Packaging Utility must be installed from the Enterprise Deployment CD before it can be used to copy the Rational Functional Tester product package.
Use the following steps to install IBM Packaging Utility software from the Enterprise Deployment CD:
- Navigate to the Enterprise Deployment CD for the appropriate platform and extract the zip file from the CD.
- Navigate to the Packaging Utility directory and extract the Packaging Utility installation package from the compressed file (pu.disk_win32.zip or pu.disk_linux.zip).
- Locate the Packaging Utility installer executable.
- For Windows : Change to the InstallerImage_win32 directory in the area where the pu.disk_win32.zip file was unpacked. Locate the installer executable "install.exe".
- For Linux : Change to the InstallerImage_linux directory in the area where the pu.disk_linuz.zip file was unpacked. Locate the installer executable "install".
- Start the installer executable and follow the instructions in the wizard to install the Packaging Utility.
- If IBM Installation Manager is not detected on your workstation, you are prompted to install it and then the installation wizard starts. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation of Installation Manager. See Install Installation Manager for details.
- When the installation of Installation Manager completes, or if it is already on your computer, Installation Manager starts and automatically begins the Install Packages wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the Install Packages wizard to complete the installation.