The Modify Packages wizard in the IBM Installation Manager enables you to change the language and feature selections of an installed product package. You can also use the Modify Packages wizard to install new features that might be included in a package update, such as a refresh pack.
Before you beginBy default, Internet access is required unless the repository preferences points to a local update site. See the Installation Manager help for more information.
Close all programs that were installed using Installation Manager before modifying.
To modify an installed product package:
- From the Start page of the Installation Manager, click the Modify icon.
- In the Modify Packages wizard, select the installation location for the Rational Functional Tester product package and click Next.
- On the Modify page, under Languages, select the languages for the package group, then click Next. The corresponding national language translations for the user interface and documentation for the packages will be installed. Note that your choices apply to all packages installed under this package group.
- On the Features page, select the package features that you want to install or remove.
- To learn more about a feature, click the feature and review the brief description under Details.
- If you want to see the dependency relationships between features, select Show Dependencies. When you click a feature, any features that depend on it and any features that are its dependents are shown in the Dependencies window. As you select or exclude features in the packages, Installation Manager will automatically enforce any dependencies with other features and display updated download size and disk space requirements for the installation.
- When you are finished selecting features, click Next.
- On the Summary page, review your choices before modifying the installation package, and then click Modify.
- Optional: When the modification process completes, click View Log File to see the complete log.