Install the Rational Test Agent on Linux
This topic describes how to install the Rational Test Agent on a Linux computer.
Before you beginBefore starting, be sure to uninstall all previous versions of Rational Functional Tester and disable all of their environment variables.
Here are the steps:
- Log on with administrative privileges.
- Create the installation directory:
% mkdir -p /usr/rational/test
- Insert the CD-ROM containing the Rational Test Agent software into your CD drive.
If the CD does not auto-mount, enter the Linux mount command at the prompt:
% mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- Go to the test directory:
% cd /usr/rational/test
- Enter the tar command to copy the Rational Test Agent files to your hard drive:
% tar xzpf /mnt/cdrom/linux_agent.tar.gz