Work with IBM Installation Manager
IBM Installation Manager is the tool that you use to install your software packages. It is installed automatically when you start the installation for your product offering.
If you start the installation of IBM Rational ® Functional Tester from the Setup disk, either by using the launchpad program or by running the userinst program, IBM Installation Manager automatically starts even if it is not already installed. You will then install Installation Manager on your computer during the process of installingRational Functional Tester
The latest version of Installation Manager might be required for your package. Updates are discovered if you have not cleared the Search service repositories for updates check box on Repositories page in the Preferences window of Installation Manager. This section deals with some common tasks relating to IBM Installation Manager. For more information, see the Installation Manager online help or the Installation information center.
You can run Installation Manager in silent mode to install, update, and uninstall packages. For information on installing silently, see Installation information center.
Installation Manager is installed only once for each user ID on the computer.
Install Installation Manager
- On the Setup disk, change to the InstallerImage_platform subdirectory.
- Enter one of the following commands:
- To install as an Admin: install
- To install as a non-Admin: userinst
- On the first page of the Install Packages wizard, click Check for Other Versions and Extensions to install the latest available version. If a newer version is available, it is automatically selected for installation. Click Next.
- Review the license agreement on the License Agreement page and select I accept the terms in the license agreement to accept. Click Next.
- Click the Browse button on the Destination Folder page to change the installation location if required. Click Next.
- Click Install on the Summary page. When the installation process is complete, a message confirms the success of the process.
- Click Restart Installation Manager. IBM Installation Manager opens.
Start Installation Manager on Windows
About this taskIBM Installation Manager should be started from the launchpad program. Doing so starts Installation Manager with a configured repository preference and selected Rational Functional Tester packages. If you start Installation Manager directly, then set a repository preference and choose product packages manually.
To start Installation Manager manually:
- On Windows, click Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manager > IBM Installation Manager
- On Linux, change directory to the installation directory for Installation Manager (by default, /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse) and run IBMIM.
What to do next
On Windows Vista operating system, run Installation Manager as administrator: Right-click the program shortcut and click Run as administrator.
Uninstall Installation Manager on Windows
About this task
To uninstall Installation Manager:
- Go to the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select IBM Installation Manager.
- Click Remove.
Uninstall Installation Manager on Linux
About this taskIBM Installation Manager must be uninstalled using the package management tool that is included with your Linux version.
To uninstall Installation Manager manually on Linux:
- Open a terminal window with root user privileges.
- Change directory to the uninstallation directory of Installation Manager. By default, this is /var/ibm/InstallationManager/uninstall.
- Run ./uninstall.