Accessing Web-based help
Help for your product is available on a product information center on the Internet. You can view this help from within the product.
Before you beginDuring installation, the option to access help content from a remote information center was selected. This is the default selection.
Your product help system can retrieve content installed with the product and content from a remote server running an information center. The information center for your product has the most current help content and when your product is configured to retrieve content from a remote information center, the contents of the information center can be accessed by selecting Help > Help Contents to open your help system.
The information center for your product is available from the following URL: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rfthelp/v8r1/index.jsp.
Follow these steps to check your connection to the information center:
- Click Windows > Preferences to open the Preferences window
- Select Help > Content.
- Ensure that Include help content from a remote infocenter is selected.
- Ensure that the URL for your product information center is in the list of available information centers. If your information center is not listed, complete the following steps:
- Click Add.
- In the Name field, type a name for the connection.
- In the Host field, type publib.boulder.ibm.com
- In the Path field, type /infocenter/rfthelp/v8r1.
- Select Use default port.
- Click OK.
- Select the entry for your product information center.
- Click Test Connection.
ResultsConnection Successful is displayed if the connection is made. If Connection failed is displayed, verify that you have an active Internet connection and check the settings.