Configure applications on Test Agents
This topic describes how to configure applications on test agents.
Before you beginBefore you can test your applications, configure them. When you configure your applications, you provide the name, path, and other information about the application that you intend to test. This information is used during record and playback to make the test script more reliable and portable. If you use TestManager for remote execution on a Test Agent computer, you need to configure applications on the agent computer that runs the script.
To configure applications, perform these steps:
- To start the Application Configuration Tool:
- For Windows : Change to the directory where the rational_ft.jar file is located (by default, <product installation directory>\FunctionalTester\bin) and then from the command line, type:
java -jar rational_ft.jar -appConfig
You may also need to type the full path to the IBM JRE, which can be found by default at <product installation directory>\SDP\jdk\jre\bin.
- For Linux : From the command line, type: /opt/IBM/SDP/ft_cmdline -appconfig
- Click Add. The Application Configuration Tool starts.
- Select the application type and click Next.
- Take one of the following steps to configure the application:
- For a Java application, click Browse and select the .class or .jar file of the Java application you want to add.
- For an HTML application:
- Select the type of HTML to be tested (either Local or URL).
- Click Next.
- If you selected URL, enter the URL to use for testing and then proceed to Step 6 below. If you selected Local, you can either browse to the location of the .htm or .html file, or you can enter the full path name of the file. Proceed to the next step.
- For executable files or batch files, click Browse and make your selection
- Click Open.
The file name and path appear in the Filename field.
- Click Finish.
The application appears in the Applications list in the Application Configuration Tool.
- Review the information in the Detailed Information list.
For a Java application, the Name, Kind, Path, .class/.jar file, and Working Dir fields are automatically filled in. The JRE, Classpath, and Args fields are optional.
- Make any necessary edits to the information in the fields. For details, see the product Help.
- Click Run to ensure you have properly configured your application.
- Click OK or Apply to save the changes you made.
After you add an application, you can edit its information at any time by opening the Application Configuration Tool and selecting the application in the Applications list. To remove an application from the Applications list, select the application and click Remove.