User privileges requirements
You must have a user ID that meets the following requirements before you can install Rational Functional Tester .
- Your user ID must not contain double-byte characters.
- For Windows , the user privileges required for installing depend on the version of Windows on your computer:
- For Windows Vista, log in to the Administrator account (or run as Administrator; right-click the program file or shortcut and select Run as Administrator) to perform the following tasks:
- Install or update IBM Installation Manager
- Install or update a product offering
- Install an Authorized-User license key for your product by using IBM Installation Manager
To enable users who are not the Administrator to work with Rational Functional Tester on a Windows Vista system:
- Do not install Rational Functional Tester into a package group (installation location) in the Program Files directory (C:\Program Files\) and do not choose a shared resources directory in the Program Files directory.
- If you are extending an existing Eclipse installation, then do not install Eclipse in the Program Files directory (C:\Program Files\).
- For other supported Windows versions, have a user ID that belongs to the Administrators group.
- For Linux : You must be able to log in as root.