IBM Packaging Utility
Use IBM Packaging Utility software to copy product packages to a repository that can be placed on a Web server available over HTTP or HTTPS.
Packaging Utility software is located on the Enterprise Deployment CD for each platform (Windows and Linux ) that is included with Rational Functional Tester . If you want to place a repository that contains a Rational Functional Tester package on a Web server that will be available over HTTP or HTTPS, use Packaging Utility to copy the product package of Rational Functional Tester into the repository.
Use this utility to perform the following tasks:
- Generate a new repository for product packages.
- Copy product packages to a new repository. You can copy multiple product packages into a single repository, thereby creating a common location for your organization from which product packages can be installed using IBM Installation Manager.
- Delete product packages from a repository.
Refer to the online help for Packaging Utility for full instructions using the tool.
- Install Packaging Utility
IBM Packaging Utility must be installed from the Enterprise Deployment CD before it can be used to copy the Rational Functional Tester product package.
- Copy product packages to an HTTP server using Packaging Utility
To create a repository on an HTTP or HTTPS server, use Packaging Utility to copy the product package for Rational Functional Tester .