Associating functional test scripts with the keywords
You can record a new functional test script for a keyword or associate a script with a keyword. The functional test script is recorded in Rational Functional Tester . You can associate a functional test script with the keyword. After you associate the functional test scripts with the appropriate keywords, you can play back the functional test scripts that are associated with the keywords from IBM Rational Quality Manager.
Before you begin
The Keyword View must be displayed in the Functional Test perspective to associate functional test scripts with keywords. To display the Keyword View, click Window > Show View. Select Keyword View from the list, and click OK.
Data-driven functional tests
Recording a Java test script
Recording a new functional test script for a keyword
About this taskTo record a new functional test script and associate it with a keyword:
- Click the keyword from the keyword view list to record a script and associate it with a functional test script.
- Right-click the keyword, and click Record .
- Type a name for the functional test in Script name. By default, the keyword name is used as the functional test script name.
- Click Finish. The Recording monitor opens and the recording starts. The keyword description is displayed in the recording monitor. For information on recording, see the related topic on Recording a script.
Associating an existing functional test script with a keyword
About this taskTo associate a functional test script with a keyword:
- Click the keyword from the keyword view list to associate it with a functional test script.
- Right-click the keyword, and click Associate with FT script . The Select Script dialog box lists the existing functional test scripts for the functional test projects.
- Select the functional test script that you want to associate from the list and click OK. The Configure shared location wizard is displayed when you associate a functional test script with the keyword for the first time.
You can view all the scripts with .java extension. The Java scripts correspond to the simplified scripts if they exist.
- The Configure shared location wizard specifies the shared location of the functional test project. Type the functional test project location in the Shared location field. You can also select the shared location from the Shared Locations already configured in RQM list box.
- Click Finish. The project is copied to the shared location for IBM Rational Quality Manager to run the scripts. A decision box opens prompting the user to make the test script as default. When you run the keyword from IBM Rational Quality Manager, the default test script associated with the keyword is executed.
Click Cancel. The project is not configured to use the shared location. In this case IBM Rational Quality Manager uses the absolute path of the current project to execute the test script.