Create a simplified test script
Use the recording feature of IBM Rational Functional Tester , to record actions on the test applications. The actions on the test applications are generated in the form of a simplified test script when you stop recording. The generated simplified test script is displayed in the simplified Script editor in Rational Functional Tester . You can also view the corresponding Java code of the recorded test script in the Java script editor.
Before you begin
- Enable the simplified scripting option.
- The test application and the required environments are configured for functional testing.
- A functional test project is created.
To create a simplified test script:
- Click File > New > Functional Test Script Using Recorder.
- On the Record a Functional Test Script page, select the project to which the script must be associated. Type a name for the script.
- Optional: Select Add the script to Source Control to put the script under source control.
- Click Next.
- Optional: On the Select Script Assets page, modify the test object map, helper superclass, and test datapool if you do not want to use the default settings.
- Click Finish to start recording. The Recording Monitor opens and the recording starts.
- In the Recording Monitor toolbar, click Start Application( ) to start your test application.
- Perform any action in the test application. The recording monitor displays the actions that you perform as English statements.
- Optional: You can record verification points or data-drive your test script using the tools available in the Recording Monitor toolbar while recording the script.
- Optional: To insert statements to call another script, specify log information, timer or comments during recording, click Insert Script Support Commands in the Recording Monitor toolbar.
- Click Stop recording ( ) when you finish recording. A simplified test script is generated and displayed in the simplified Script editor.