Create an image verification point
Use an image verification point to test images in your application. When you record the verification point, a baseline image file is created. Every time you play back the script, the image is compared to see whether any changes have occurred, either intentionally or unintentionally. Image verification is a strict pixel to pixel. This is useful for identifying possible defects.
To create an image verification point:
- Click the Record a Functional Tester Script button on the Functional Tester toolbar
- In the Recording Monitor, click Start Application to start your test application. See related topics about starting the test application.
- In the application under test, locate the image that you want to test.
- In the Recording Monitor, click Insert Verification Point or Action Command on the toolbar.
- On the Select an Object page of the Verification Point and Action wizard, use the Object Finder tool to select the object. Alternatively, if the image is not based on an object that is supported by the functional test application use the Capture Screen Image tool. This tool captures the full image of the screen. See related topics about Select an object page.
- On the Select an Action page, click Perform Image Verification Point and click Next. This page is not displayed if you use the Capture Screen Image tool.
- On the Insert Image Verification Point Command page, perform the following steps:
- Accept the default Verification Point Name or type a new name.
- You can create the following types of verification points:
- Full image: Select this type if the selected object or the full screen captured using the Object Finder tool or the Capture Screen Image tool.
- Region of the image: Select this type to capture a region of the image or the object using the Select Region tool. The x and y co-ordinates and the total width and height of the selected region are captured as the image verification point.
- Click Next. The Verification Point Data page displays the captured image.
- Click Finish. The verification point is recorded and added to the script.
- After you record any other verification points or actions, stop your recording by clicking the Stop Recording button on the Recording Monitor toolbar.
Insert Image Verification Point Command page