Add objects to the object library
The object properties configuration tool lists the default objects and the customized objects that are used by Functional Tester. If the required test object of the application-under-test is not listed in the object properties configuration tool, you can add the test object to the object library and customize its recognition properties and weights. In the Add Object dialog box, you can also add the recognition properties for the existing test objects that are listed in the object properties configuration tool.
To add an object to the object library:
- Click Configure > Configure Object Recognition Properties to open the Object Properties Configuration Tool window.
- Select the required Test Domain from the list.
- Click Add Object to add a new test object for the selected domain. You can add the test object manually by specifying the test object name and having it inherit the recognition properties from other test objects or by selecting the test object using the Object Finder tool.
- To add a test object using the Object Finder tool:
- Click the Start Application icon to open the test application.
- In the Start Application dialog box, select the application from the Application Name list and click OK. The test application opens.
- Click the Object Finder icon in the Add Object dialog box and drag it into the application over the object you want to add to the object library. The recognition properties and weights of the selected object are listed in the Object Recognition Properties grid. By default, the object properties that are recognized by the functional testing application are checked.
- To add the required recognition properties for the object, select the corresponding check box.
- To manually add a test object:
- Type the Class name of the object.
- Select the object name from the Inherit list to use the object recognition properties and weights of an existing object. The inherited object recognition properties and weights are listed in the object recognition properties grid.
- Clear the check box that corresponds to a property row if you do not want the recognition property for the new test object.
- Click Ok. If you add a new test object or a recognition property to an existing test object, an asterisk is displayed beside test object name in the list. You can further customize the object recognition properties and weights in the object properties configuration tool, if required.
Configure object properties in the object library
Object Properties Configuration Tool
Add Object dialog box