Regression testing phase
When you have a baseline of expected behavior for your application-under-test, you can automate regression testing for subsequent builds.
The regression testing phase consists of five steps:
- Restore the testing environment and set the playback options.
- Play back the test script against a new build of the application-under-test.
- Analyze the results in the Functional Tester log. If you associate a Functional Tester project with the current Rational project, you can analyze the results using the Test Log window of TestManager.
- Use the Functional Tester Verification Point Comparator to determine the cause of verification point failures. If verification points fail because of intentional changes to the application-under-test, update the baseline data using the Comparator.
- If necessary, revise your test scripts to use new features in the application-under-test. Then play back the revised test scripts against the current build and re-evaluate the results.
Note About TestManager Integration: Functional Tester is integrated with Rational TestManager version 7.0.2. If you have the 7.0.2 version of TestManager, you will be able to use the integrated features of Functional Tester and TestManager.
Local and agent computers