If you use ClearCase® for source control management, you can use the ClearCase Preferences page to define settings for Functional Tester integration, show ClearCase icons, show script details, save file with _keep extension, check out a file reserved, or to keep a script checked out after check in.
Use the ClearCase Preferences page to define settings for ClearCase if you use the integration with Functional Tester. The page contains the following controls:
- Enable integration with ClearCase
- Turns ClearCase on or off for the specific user profile. When you click to clear this setting, ClearCase menu items are unavailable. The default setting is Enable integration with ClearCase.
- Show decorations
- Displays the ClearCase icons that indicate the state of a ClearCase element in the Functional Tester Projects view. When you click to clear this setting, ClearCase icons do not display in the Functional Tester Projects view. The default setting is Show decorations.
- Show script details
- Displays the State, Filename, and Path for the script in the Check in, Check out, Add to ClearCase, Update, and Undo Checkout dialog boxes.
- Save to file with _keep extension before undo check out
- When selected, preserves the contents of the checked-out version of the script under the file name script-name_keep.xxx.
- Check Out reserved
- Checks out the script as reserved. A reserved checkout gives you the exclusive right to check in the script when you are finished. An unreserved checkout, you may require you to merge your changes at checkin time if someone else checked in the same script before you did.
- Keep script checked out after check in
- Saves the new version of the script and keeps it checked out.
To open: Click Window > Preferences. In the left pane, expand Team and click Functional Tester.
Setting ClearCase preferences for Functional Tester