Set up ClearCase
If you use ClearCase® for source control management, you need to do some preliminary tasks to set up a typical ClearCase installation.
Before you begin
Before you can create a Functional Tester project and add it to ClearCase, set up ClearCase on a shared server:
- Install ClearCase on a shared server. For information, see your ClearCase documentation.
- Set up ClearCase on a Windows or UNIX® Server to use the Functional Tester ClearCase integration features.
For information about setting up a Windows server, see Set up ClearCase on a Windows Server. For information about setting up a UNIX server, see Setting Up ClearCase on a UNIX Server.
If you set up a ClearCase server and ClearCase client on the same system, you need to do some additional configuration. For information, see the Rational ClearCase Administrator's Guide
- Install ClearCase client on the local system where you installed Functional Tester.
- Create a VOB, if necessary. For information, see the ClearCase Help.
You can skip this step if your administrator creates a VOB for you.
- Create a view to access your Functional Tester test assets.
Ask your ClearCase administrator for the options to select when you create a view. You can also find information in the Rational ClearCase Administrator's Guide.
Create the appropriate view for the ClearCase software that you are using. You can create dynamic and snapshot views for ClearCase.
- In the ClearCase Explorer, click the Toolbox tab.
- Click Base ClearCase.
- Click Create View.
- Complete the View Creation Wizard.
- Click Finish.
- Set up ClearCase on a Windows server
If you use a version of ClearCase earlier than 2003.06 for source control management of your Functional Tester test assets, update the ClearCase type managers to recognize Functional Test object map files on Windows. The latest version of ClearCase includes Functional Tester type managers.
- Set up ClearCase on a UNIX server
If you use ClearCase, update the ClearCase type managers to recognize Functional Tester test object map files on a UNIX system.
- Set up ClearCase to merge on UNIX
If you use Functional Tester with ClearCase on a UNIX system, you need to set up ClearCase to merge the Functional Tester files correctly.
Functional Tester and ClearCase
Set up ClearCase on a Windows server
Set up ClearCase on a UNIX server
Set up ClearCase to merge on UNIX