TestManager and script execution
You need to do some preliminary set up before you run a Functional Tester script from TestManager.
TestManager creates a temporary suite and runs the suite. TestManager removes the suite after the run is completed. To generate test case results, run the test case instead of the script. TestManager does not generate test case coverage results (even if the script is associated with a test case).
To run a Functional Tester script from TestManager:
- Associate a Functional Tester project with a Rational project.
- On a remote computer, install the Rational Test Agent software on your Agent computer and start the agent. For information about installing and starting a Rational Test Agent, see the Rational Functional Tester Installation Guide.
- If you need an external library to run a script, for example a .jar or .dll file, install the software on the system on which you plan to run the script.
- To install a .dll, add the library to a directory that is in system search paths.
- To install a .jar file, add it to the Functional Tester customization directory. Functional Tester adds all .jar files in the customization directory to the script classpath. The default location for the customization directory is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\RFT\customization
Note About TestManager Integration: Functional Tester is integrated with Rational TestManager version 7.0.2. If you have the 7.0.2 version of TestManager, you will be able to use the integrated features of Functional Tester and TestManager.