Perform a data-driven functional test using Java scripts
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a data-driven functional test using the Rational Functional Tester data-driven test wizard.
Data-driven testing puts a layer of abstraction between the data and the test script, eliminating literal values in the test script. Because data is in a datapool and separated from the test script, you can:
- Modify test data without affecting the test script
- Add new test cases by modifying the data, not the test script
- Share the test data with many test scripts
Learning objectivesAfter completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Create a project and record a Java test script
- Data-drive a test
- Add descriptive headings to the data
- Create a verification point with a datapool reference
- Add data to the datapool
- Play back the test
Time required30 minutes.
Create PDFs or print the tutorial
Tutorial: Create a functional test