Downloading and configuring IBM Support Assistant
IBM Support Assistant is available for download from the IBM Software Support Web site. After download and installation, configure the Support Assistant to include your product add-ons.
Before you beginTo download IBM Support Assistant, be a registered user on the IBM Software Support Web site. For details about registering, see Registering on the IBM Software Support Web site.
IBM Support Assistant is available as a workbench and an agent. You can install the workbench on a local workstation for troubleshooting. If you want to troubleshoot remote systems, install the agent on those systems. From the workbench, you can connect to agents installed on remote systems, view and analyze problem data, and run diagnostic tooling on data from those systems.
- Log in to the IBM Software Support Web site with your IBM User ID and password.
- Download and install the IBM Support Assistant. Links for the download and installation information are available from the Support Assistant Web page at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/isa/.
- Start the IBM Support Assistant.
- Click Update > Find New > Product Add-ons
- Expand the Rational folder and select your products. Click Next.
- Optional: Select the tools add-ons to install for the products you selected. Click Next.
- Follow the instructions for the license agreement. Click Next.
- Click Finish. The product add-ons are installed.
- On the results window, click Finish.
Use IBM Support Assistant to search knowledge bases
Use IBM Support Assistant to open a service request
Registering on the IBM Software Support Web site