WebSphere Development Studio
IBM® WebSphere® Development Studio for iSeries™ is an application development package that includes all of the server tools as well as workstation licenses of WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries.
WebSphere Development Studio gives you rapid and cost-effective ways to increase the number of Web-enabled, e-business applications for the iSeries server. It marks a major shift in the packaging of IBM application development tools for the iSeries server. Rather than continuing to sell individual tools and compilers, this package consolidates all the server and workstation components into one attractively-priced iSeries offering.
With WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries you can:
- Convert existing 5250 interfaces to Web interfaces with minimal changes to the server application with the IBM WebFacing Tool.
- Use the generated default servlets, beans and database-access logic or customize your code or create new business logic with Java™ development tools and Web development tools.
- Write business logic for new e-business applications in ILE RPG or ILE COBOL with interoperability enhancements for Java.
The server components include:
- ILE and non-ILE OPM RPG compilers
- ILE and non-ILE COBOL compilers
- C/C++ compilers
- Application Development ToolSet (ADTS)
Licenses for WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries are included with WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries.
For more information, go to the WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries home page .
For documentation, see Programming and go to the WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries library .