Configuring a connection to host or System i database servers using the CA (Linux and Windows)

This task describes how to connect to a remote database host or System i™ database server from your DB2 Connect™ workstation using the Configuration Assistant (CA). The CA is a DB2® GUI tool that can be used to configure database connections and other database settings.

Note: In previous releases, the DB2 Administration Tools, such as the CA, were supported on all platforms. As of Version 9, the DB2 Administration Tools are supported only on Windows® x86, Windows x64 (AMD64/EM64T), Linux™ on x86, and Linux on AMD64/EM64T. For all platforms, you can use the DB2 command line processor (CLP) to configuring a connection to a host or System i database server. Your DB2 Connect workstation can be either:

A IBM® data server client

The IBM data server client can connect indirectly to host or System i databases through a DB2 Connect server product.

DB2 Connect Personal Edition

You can connect directly to host or System i databases using DB2 Connect Personal Edition. You can also connect through a DB2 Connect server product.

Prerequisites

The following methods can be used to configure a connection to a database using the CA (refer to the Related tasks at the end of this topic):

Related tasks
Configuring a database connection manually using the Configuration Assistant Configuring database connections using a client profile with the Configuration Assistant Testing a database connection using the Configuration Assistant