Registering a DB2 product or feature license key using the License Center
The license key is available from either the DB2® product or feature image you downloaded from Passport Advantage®, or from the Activation CD you received in the physical media pack from IBM®.
On Linux® or Windows® operating systems, you can register license key using the Licence Center. On UNIX®
operating systems, use the db2licm command to register a license key.
On Linux operating systems, the instance owner must have read and write privileges on the directory where the license files are located.
To register a DB2 license key:
- Start the DB2 Control Center and select License Center from the Tools menu.
- Select the system for which you are installing a license. Select an instance on the system you selected. Select the product from installed products. The Installed Products field will display the name of the product that you have installed.
- Select Add from the License menu.
- In the Add License window, select the license file:
where x: or /cd represents the drive or mount point containing the Activation CD for the DB2 product or feature.
- On Windows servers: x:\db2\license\license_filename.lic
- On Linux servers: /cd/db2/license/license_filename.lic
- Click Apply to add the license key.
Parent topic: Manually configuring DB2 servers after installation
Parent topic: DB2 license files
Options to manage licenses
DB2 license files