Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > An example of the partitioning facility
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Install the sample application
About this taskIn this example, the D_WPFKeyBasedPartition.ear is installed on the application server. In the default case, the application creates 10 partitions, allowing you to balance across cluster member application severs. During theWebSphere eXtreme Scale installation, the partitioning facility (WPF) sample applications are installed in <install_root>\installableApps.
Use the administrative console and the following instructions to install the sample application.
- Select Applications > Install New Application.
- Select Browse on the Local option. Browse to <install_root>\installableApps.
- Select: <install_root>\installableApps\D_WPFKeyBasedPartitionSample.ear.
- Select Next.
- For Step 2: Map modules to a cluster, not to a single application server.
- Select Next.
- Select Finish.
- Select Save to Master Configuration.
- Select Save.
The option Synchronize with Nodes should be selected if not already. Do not deploy the enterprise bean again, because the EAR file is already deployed. Redeploying will lose a special stub code that makes WPF malfunction.
Parent topic:An example of the partitioning facility
An example of the partitioning facility
Start the cluster