Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > z/OSzOS platform considerations
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
z/OSzOS restrictions in WPF
This article describes the restrictions in the partitioning facility (WPF) in Extended Deployment for z/OS v6.0.1.
This following restrictions apply to the partitioning facility (WPF) in Extended Deployment for z/OS v6.0.1.
- Extended Deployment for z/OS V6.0.1 only supports one servant region (SR) server configuration. If the application server is configured with more than one SR, the WPF will not behave as documented.
- WPF-WLM Internet Inter-ORB Protocol (IIOP) routing is not supported.
- The long-running scheduler can only be hosted in a single servant server.
- WPF cannot host the ObjectGrid in server mode inside a WAS for z/OS server.
- IIOP/JMS work classes are not supported for z/OS.
There is no programming model change in Extended Deployment for z/OS V6.0.1, except the application has to handle partition routing.
- Proxy datasource function not supported in z/OS.
- WPF programming pattern in z/OSzOS
This article describes the partitioning facility (WPF) programming pattern in Extended Deployment for z/OS v6.0.1.
Parent topic:z/OSzOS platform considerations
WPF programming pattern in z/OSzOS
Partitioning facility restrictions