Program guide > (deprecated) Partitioning facility > Partitioning facility programming
Deprecated feature: The partitioning facility (WPF) feature is deprecated. You can configure partitioning with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale supports alias partitioning, which creates more levels of partition clustering and more flexible routing contexts.
Partition alias provides another way clients can route to this partition. It has several benefits, such as:
- increasing the flexibility of partition management
- increasing the flexibility of coding
- user-decided grouping of partitions
- Compatibility with WebSphere Extended Deployment v5.1
This section describes the compatibility issues if you have applications coded for WebSphere Extended Deployment v5.1 or v6.0.
- Partition grouping overview
For WebSphere Extended Deployment v6.0, you can group several partitions together, and clients can route to any partition in a group of partitions alternatively within the same group context.
- Partition alias programming
- Partition alias runtime
- Usage scenario for a partition alias
This article describes when you might use a partition alias.
- Partition grouping programming
In the getPartitions method of partition stateless session bean (PSSB), you assign the same partition alias to multiple partitions, which creates partition group context for a set of partitions.
Parent topic:Partitioning facility programming
Partitioning facility programming
Compatibility with WebSphere Extended Deployment v5.1