Program guide > Troubleshoot
IBM Support Assistant for WXS
Use the IBM Support Assistant to collect data, analyze symptoms, and access product information.
IBM Support Assistant Lite
ISA Lite for WXS provides automatic data collection and symptom analysis, setting proper Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability tracing levels set (trace levels are set automatically by the tool)
ISA Lite also reduces the effort required to send the appropriate log information to IBM Support.
ISA Lite is included in each installation of WXS v7.1.0.
IBM Support Assistant
IBM Support Assistant (ISA) provides quick access to product, education, and support resources that can help you answer questions and resolve problems with IBM software products on the own, without needing to contact IBM Support. Different product-specific plug-ins let you customize ISA for the particular products you have installed. ISA can also collect system data, log files, and other information to help IBM Support determine the cause of a particular problem.
ISA is a utility to be installed on the workstation, not directly onto the WXS server system itself. The memory and resource requirements for the Assistant could negatively affect the performance of the WXS server system. The included portable diagnostic components are designed for minimal impact to the normal operation of a server.
Use ISA to help you in the following ways:
- To search through IBM and non-IBM knowledge and information sources across multiple IBM products to answer a question or solve a problem
- To find additional information through product-specific Web resources; including product and support home pages, customer news groups and forums, skills and training resources and information about troubleshooting and commonly asked questions
- To extend the ability to diagnose product-specific problems with targeted diagnostic tools available in the Support Assistant
- To simplify collection of diagnostic data to help you and IBM resolve the problems (collecting either general or product/symptom-specific data)
- To help in reporting of problem incidents to IBM Support through a customized online interface, including the ability to attach the diagnostic data referenced above or any other information to new or existing incidents
- Use the built-in Updater facility to obtain support for additional software products and capabilities as they become available.
To set up ISA for use with WXS, first install ISA using the files provided in the downloaded image from the IBM Support Overview Web page Next, use ISA to locate and install any product updates. More information is available from the ISA Web page
Troubleshoot client connectivity