Administration guide > Install > Customize WebSphere eXtreme Scale for z/OS
Generate customization definitions
Use the Profile Management Tool function within the WebSphere Customization Tools to generate customization definitions and create customized jobs for WebSphere eXtreme Scale for z/OS.
Before you begin
Install the WebSphere Customization Tools and upload the xs.wct and xspf.wct extension files. See Install the WebSphere Customization Tools for more information.
You can generate customization definitions using the Profile Management Tool, which is provided in the WebSphere Customization Tools. A customization definition is a set of files used to create customized jobs for configuring WebSphere eXtreme Scale for z/OS.
- Start the Profile Management Tool.
- Click Start > Programs > IBM WebSphere > WebSphere Customization Tools. After the application starts, click the Profile Management Tool tab.
- Click operating_system_menus > IBM WebSphere > WebSphere Customization Tools. After the application starts, click the Profile Management Tool tab.
- Add an existing location or create a location of the customization definition that to create. On the Customization Locations tab, click Add. If you create a location, the vbox refers to the existing WAS product version installed on the z/OS system.
Do not use the same location you are using for other eXtreme Scale customization definitions.
- Generate the customization definition. On the Customization Definitions tab, click Augment.
- Select the type of definition environment to create:
- Stand-alone application server node
- Deployment manager
- Application server
- Managed (custom) node
- Complete the fields on the panels. Specify the values for the parameters that are used to create the z/OS system.
- Click Augment to generate the customization definition.
What to do next
Upload the customized job to the target z/OS system. See Upload and running customized jobs for more information.
Parent topic:Customize WebSphere eXtreme Scale for z/OS