Administration guide > Upgrade and migrating WebSphere eXtreme Scale v7.1
Use the Update Installer to install maintenance packages
Use the IBM Update Installer to update the WebSphere eXtreme Scale environment with various types of maintenance, such as interim fixes, fix packs, and refresh packs.
Use the IBM Update Installer to install and apply various types of maintenance packages for WebSphere eXtreme Scale. Because the Update Installer undergoes regular maintenance, use the most current version of the tool.
- Stop all processes that are running in the environment.
- To stop all processes that are running in the stand-alone eXtreme Scale environment, see Stop stand-alone servers for more information.
- To stop all processes that are running in the WAS environment, see Command-line utilities.
- Download the latest version of the Update Installer. See Recommended fixes for more information.
- Install the Update Installer. See Install the Update Installer for WebSphere Software in the WAS Information Center for more information.
- Download into the updi_root/maintenance directory the maintenance packages that you intend to install. See the Support site for more information.
- Use the Update Installer to install the interim fix, fix pack, or refresh pack. You can install the maintenance package by running the graphical user interface (GUI), or by running the Update Installer in silent mode.
Run the following command from the updi_root directory to start the GUI:
Run the following command from the updi_root directory to run the Update Installer in silent mode:
- ./update.sh -silent -options responsefile/file_name
- update.bat -silent -options responsefile\file_name
If the installation process fails, see the temporary log file, which is in the updi_root/logs/update/tmp directory. The Update Installer creates the install_root/logs/update/maintenance_package.install directory in which the installation log files are located.
Parent topic:Upgrade and migrating WebSphere eXtreme Scale v7.1