Uninstall applications using the job manager
In a flexible management environment, we can submit jobs to remove deployed applications from managed targets of the job manager.
Start the job manager and the targets. If a target is a stand-alone application server, also start the administrative agent.
Submit the Stop application job and stop the running of the application to uninstall. The application must be installed on one or more application servers that are on managed targets of the job manager.
Use the administrative console of the job manager or the deployment manager to submit a job that removes a deployed application from a managed target. From the console, choose the Uninstall application job, specify the application to remove, specify job options, review the summary, and submit the job.
Instead of using a console, we can run the uninstallApplication job script in the AdministrativeJobs command group. See the Administrative job types topic.
- Click Jobs > Submit from the navigation tree of the administrative console.
- Choose a job to uninstall an application from selected targets.
- Select the Uninstall application job type from the list.
- Optionally specify a description of the job.
- Click Next.
- Choose the job targets on which the application resides.
- Select a group of targets from the list, or select Target names.
- If we selected Target names, then specify a target name and click Add, or click Find and specify the chosen targets on the Find targets page.
- If user authentication is required, specify a user name, password, or any other authentication values as needed.
- Click Next.
- Specify job parameters.
- For Application name, specify the base file name of the application file.
Click Find. On the Find target resources page, select the application resource to uninstall.For example, the topic on installing applications using the job manager describes how to install the DynaCacheEsi.ear example application. To uninstall that application, find the application resource and specify the following name:DynaCacheEsi
- Click Next.
- Schedule the job.
- Review the summary, and click Finish to submit the job.
The targets run the job and attempt to uninstall the application.
What to do next
On the Job status page, click the job ID of the uninstall application job and view the job status. Click the status refresh icon
to refresh the displayed status.
If the job is not successful, view any error messages that result from running the job, correct the error condition, and submit the job again.
If the job is successful, click Jobs > Target resources. The names of deleted applications are not in the list of resources.
After uninstalling the application, if we previously ran the Distribute file job to distribute the application to targets, we can run the Remove file job to remove the application file from the flexible management environment.
Start and stop the job manager Start and stop the administrative agent Install applications using the job manager Stopping applications using the job manager Checking job status Distributing files from the job manager to targets Administrative job types Find targets Find target resources