Install WAS Network Deployment v9
- Installation Scenarios
- Prepare the operating system.
- Access the product disk, a downloaded installation image, or the online repositories.
- Install the product.
This will create a profile/appserver.
- Update the product with fix packs and interim fixes.
- Create a Network Deployment environment.
To access applications deployed on the application server from a deployment manager, we must federate the application server. To federate the application server, add the application server as a managed node of the deployment manager.
Run the profile management tool and create a Dmgr profile
To start tool go to appserver_root/bin/ProfileManagement and run pmt.sh
- Federate standalone servers to Dmgr cell...
addNode.bat <dmgrHostName> 8879 -includeapps -username wasadmin -password wasadmin
As an alternative to addNode, federate the application server into the cell using the administrative console...
System Administration | Nodes | Add Node
- Set up applications
- Optional: Uninstall the product
Use Installation Manager to uninstall the product, and then clean the system of any remaining traces of the product installation.