Update the global web server plug-in configuration setting
Use this page to create or update a global plug-in configuration file. The configuration settings this file contains are based on the topology of the cell containing the applications servers that use this web server plug-in. The web server plug-in configuration file settings determine whether an application server or the web server handles user requests.
A global web server plug-in configuration file must be regenerated whenever:
- You change the configuration settings for an application server, cluster, web container transport, or virtual host alias contained in the cell.
- You add a new application server, cluster, web container transport, or virtual host alias to the cell.
The generated plugin-cfg.xml file is placed in the %was_profile_home%/config/cells directory. If the web server is located on a remote machine, you must manually move this file to that machine.
Avoid trouble: We can update the global plugin-cfg.xml file using the console or running the GenPluginCfg command for all of the clusters in a cell. However, you must delete the config/cells/plugin-cfg.xml file before you update the global plugin-cfg.xml file. If we do not delete the config/cells/plugin-cfg.xml file, only the new properties and their values are added to the global plugin-cfg.xml file. Any updates to existing plug-in property values are not added to the global plugin-cfg.xml file.gotcha To view this console page, click Environment > Update global web server plug-in configuration.
Click OK to update the global plugin-cfg.xml file.
Click View or download the current web server plug-in configuration file to:
- View the current version of the file before you update it.
- View the file after it is updated.
- Download a copy of this file to a remote machine.